On Tuesday, Year 4 travelled back in time to experience what life would be like living as a Roman. They approached the day with great enthusiasm as was seen from their outfits for the day:
During the morning, the children participated in activities with the following themes:
- talk like a Roman (learning some words in Latin)
- dress like a Roman (learning how to put a toga)
- live like a Roman (learning about jobs and religion)
- build like a Roman (replicating famous Roman buildings with blocks)
- play like a Roman (playing with toys that Roman children would have used)
The morning culminated in a Roman feast which included: grapes, figs, olives, bread, and pomegranates. Fortunately, there were no snails, stuffed dormice or flamingo tongues in sight!
Following the day, the children will use their experiences to enhance their writing and deepen their historical understanding.